Saturday, April 9, 2011

TAHINI COOKIES (TAHINLI KURABIYE)

When I was a little girl, I did not like the taste of Tahini.  Things like Hummus didn't used to appeal to me until my teenage years when I discovered what I was missing.  I was missing a lot!  These cookies are easy to make.  They don't have a strong taste of Tahini so if you've never tried Tahini before and would like to try, these may be good to start with.  These cookies are easy to make and stay fresh for a long time if kept in a jar with closed lid.  They are normally done plain but I like the chocolate dipped for variety. 



1 cup cooking oil (I use Mazola)
1 su cup icing sugar
2/3 cup tahini
1 package vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coarsly chopped walnuts
3.5 cup flour

Cikolata sauce (optional):
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate)
3 tablespoons milk

  • Mix all of the ingredients to make a hard dough.  You will find that dough crumbles a bit.  That's okay.  Just press them together
  • Cover dough with Saran Wrap and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Cover a cookie sheet with cooking paper
  • Take a full tablespoon of the dough and shape it as you like.  You can even make designs on the cookies using a fork
  • Cook for 15 minutes.  Be sure not to over cook.
  • Once the cookies cool down.  Make your chocolate sauce by microwaving the chocolate in milk for 1 minute.  You will find all the chips will not have melted.  Stir well to get them to melt.
  • Dip part of the cookies in chocolate sauce and put them in the fridge to harden for 15 minutes
  • Put on serving plate.
  • Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment